Brother MFC-J885DW Driver, Software, Manual & Wireless Setup
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Xp/Vista, Scanner, Manual and Brother MFC-J885DW Wireless Setup and Brother MFC-J885DW Installation Software – Brother MFC-J885DW is the answer if you need a compact inkjet all-in-one printer that is easy to connect. It is also a wireless printer that you can set it up easily. Once you have done with the wireless setup, you can use the machine directly. In addition, there are some features the machine to offer.
First, it comes with automatic duplex printing capability. The wireless mobile device printing technology in Brother MFC-J885DW also makes it more interesting to complete your home office or small office. Here are the things you should know before you are purchasing the machine to complete your needs.
Brother MFC-J885DW Reviews and Features
You can use Brother MFC-J885DW to print, copy, and fax your documents. To operate the machine, you can use its large 2.7-inch touchscreen display. It makes you able to navigate the onscreen menus easily. When it comes to connectivity and compatibility, this machine makes you able to do mobile printing. Thankfully, it has AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, and Brother iPrint&Scan. These apps help you print your documents from your mobile device.
Other than that, you can use this machine as a copier for copying black-and-white or color documents. The machine has a flatbed copier to copy ID card. Even though it does not support duplex copying, Brother MFC-J885DW copier still has some interesting capabilities such as poster function, N in 1 functions, stand-alone copying performance, and sorting function. For document handling, the machine offers 100 pages as its maximum. The automatic document feeder is 20 pages with its duplex printing capability. Meanwhile, the output paper capacity is about 50 sheets. You can use the manual feed to work from envelope to letter paper type. On the other hands, the input tray works for 100 sheets as the standard feature.
Use it as a printer and it works for 12 pages per minute maximum with its Black ISO performance. The machine also offers borderless printing. The maximum resolution is 6000 x 1200 dpi for its high-quality output design. When you are using it as a scanner, it does not offer duplex scanning, but it supports mobile device scanning.
Brother MFC-J885DW Ink Cartridges
Brother MFC-J885DW offers starter cartridges in its box. The standard yield ink can handle 260 pages. Meanwhile, the high-yield ink cartridge can handle 550 pages.
In the end, we can say that Brother MFC-J885DW helps you to have a productive business solution. It is a powerful, economical, and compact machine with its inkjet all-in-one design. It offers reliable printing, scanning, copying, and scanning with various features. Even though you can use it for up to 2,500 printed pages per month as its duty cycle, Brother recommended its users to do about 50 to 1,000 printed pages as its printing volume per month.
Brother MFC-J885DW Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J885DW Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Installations Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Setup Without CD/DVD
Brother MFC-J885DW Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the Brother MFC-J885DW driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J885DW Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the Brother MFC-J885DW driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver and Software Download
Microsoft Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit.
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Windows 64 Bit → Download
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Windows 32 Bit → Download
Macintosh Operating System: MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion), Mac OS X (v10. 6. x), Mac OS X (v10. 5. x).
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Macintosh → Download
Brother MFC-J885DW Printer Manual → Download
Download Driver Brother MFC-J885DW → Brother Printer Official