Brother MFC-490CW Driver, Software & Wireless Setup
Brother MFC-490CW Driver Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Xp/Vista, Scanner, Manual and Brother MFC-490CW Wireless Setup and Brother MFC-490CW Installation Software – Brother MFC-490CW is a stylish color printer. It has a compact design with its inkjet technology. Also, it is a multifunctional printer with 15 sheets of auto document feeder for any unattended copying, faxing, and scanning.
Additionally, Brother MFC-490CW offers flexibility. Here, you can use it to share with other users by using a wireless or wired network connection. It is easy to control the machine. It comes with a user-friendly color LCD display in size of 3.3-inch. This display offers help menus with photo enhancements. Here are more details about the machine.
Brother MFC-490CW Reviews and Features
The first thing you should know about Brother MFC-490CW is speed performance. It offers 33 pages per minute in black. On the other hands, it can produce 27 pages per minute in color printing. There are also built-in wireless and wired interfaces. This allows you to share all-in-one to scan, print, and PC fax. Eventually, you can access your digital camera media cards.
Additionally, Brother MFC-490CW makes you send and receive faxes at ease. The machine offers Hi-Speed Super G3. It works for 33.Gk bps. You can send and receive both black-and-white and color faxing even though you are not using a PC. Besides, there is the Direct Photo Printing. It lets you print your photos directly from your media cards or USB flash memory. Best of all, this machine produces up to 6000 x 1200 dpi for its high-quality printing.
When you use it as a copier, it offers 22 copies per minute for black and color documents. This flatbed copier has some features such as poster function and sorting function. This is a stand-alone copier that you do not have to use your PC to start the task. If you want to connect this machine to your computer, you can use some options. First, you can use the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port to connect it locally to your machine. There is also Wireless and Ethernet that helps you do more with this machine.
Brother MFC-490CW Ink Cartridges
When it comes to the ink and cartridges, Brother MFC-490CW works with the standard-yield ink cartridges. The black cartridge only can support 450 pages. On the other hands, the standard-yield color cartridge is only for 325 pages. Unfortunately, it does not come with toner save mode.
Brother MFC-490CW is a great choice if you need a printer that can handle 2,500 pages per month as its monthly duty cycle. It is a nice printer that helps you do your task. We recommend you use this machine only for printing from 50 to 1000 pages per month. This machine should be a nice addition to your office. it is because the machine offers mobile device compatibility. You can use Brother iPrint&Scan to start wireless printing in your small office.
Brother MFC-490CW Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-490CW Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Installations Brother MFC-490CW Driver Setup Without CD/DVD
Brother MFC-490CW Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the Brother MFC-490CW driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother MFC-490CW Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the Brother MFC-490CW driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother MFC-490CW Driver and Software Download
Microsoft Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit.
Brother MFC-490CW Driver Windows 10, 8, 8.1 → Download
Brother MFC-490CW Driver Windows 7 → Download
Macintosh Operating System: MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion), Mac OS X (v10. 6. x), Mac OS X (v10. 5. x).
Brother MFC-490CW Driver Macintosh → Download
Brother MFC-490CW Printer Manual → Download
Download Driver Brother MFC-490CW → Brother Printer Official