Brother HL-2140 Driver, Software & Wireless Setup
Brother HL-2140 Driver Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Xp/Vista, Scanner, Manual and Brother HL-2140 Wireless Setup and Brother HL-2140 Installation Software – Brother HL-2140 comes with electrophotographic technology. It offers about 22 pages per minute. You can use this machine to print your documents on A4 or letter paper type. In addition, it can do the first printing task for less than 10 seconds. You can use this machine to some operating systems such as Mac, Linux, and Windows.
In addition, the machine has some nice controller features. Brother HL-2140 offers 181MHz of its processor. The standard memory is MB and the standard interface is the full-speed USB 2.0 port. The machine also shows its control panel with the LED lights. It shows yellow if it is all about the toner or drum. Meanwhile, it shows red if there is something error and blue means go.
Brother HL-2140 Reviews and Features
The first thing you should know more about Brother HL-2140 is paper handling. The paper input in this machine is the paper tray with the capability to handle 250 sheets. In addition, there is a paper output that faces down to offer 100-sheet. You can also find the manual duplex.
Next is about the media capacity. The machine has a paper tray to handle plain paper, recycled paper, transparencies, and bond paper. Meanwhile, the manual feed slot can work for the plain paper, bond paper, transparencies, envelopes, label, and recycled paper.
Brother HL-2140 also offers some features like watermark printing, quick print setup, status monitor, power saving, and toner saving. Unfortunately, the machine does not provide a secure print.
Brother HL-2140 Ink Cartridges
Ink and toner cartridge in Brother HL-2140 are consumables. The standard toner cartridge is available for those who need to use this printer as basic printing. It is what you need if you do not print every day. This standard toner cartridge offers 1500 pages with its ISO/IEC 19753. Meanwhile, if you are running a small business in your home office and you always need to print some documents every day at home, you should go with the high yield.
It means this high yield toner cartridge supports you with 2,600 pages to handle. This option is better since you do not have to replace the toner quite often. In addition, the high-yield toner cartridge is much cheaper so you can save your money for the toner costs.
Brother HL-2140 has separate consumables for both the toner cartridge and the drum unit. You should follow the instructions if you want to replace the toner. Once you turned on the machine, you should open the front cover and then pull the drum unit and the toner cartridge out of the machine. After that, push down the green lock lever. At this point, you can take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take and unpack the new cartridge and hold the cartridge level with your hands. Rock it from side to side, 5-6 times. Remove the protective cover and put the new toner into the drum unit. Put both the drum unit and the cartridge back in the printer.
Brother HL-2140 Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother HL-2140 Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Installations Brother HL-2140 Driver Setup Without CD/DVD
Brother HL-2140 Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the Brother HL-2140 driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother HL-2140 Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the Brother HL-2140 driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother HL-2140 Driver and Software Download
Microsoft Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit.
Brother HL-2140 Driver Windows 10, 8, 8.1 → Download
Brother HL-2140 Driver Windows 7 → Download
Macintosh Operating System: MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion), Mac OS X (v10. 6. x), Mac OS X (v10. 5. x).
Brother HL-2140 Driver Macintosh → Download
Brother HL-2140 Printer Manual → Download
Download Driver Brother HL-2140 → Brother Printer Official